Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Re-fix rebase -i with SHA-1 collisions

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 21:18:23 +0000

Triggered by one of brian's SHA-256 patch series, I looked at the reason why
the SHA-1 collision test case passed when it shouldn't. Turns out that the
regression test was not quite thorough enough, and the interactive rebase 
did regress recently.

While in the area, I realized that the same bug exists in the code backing
the rebase.missingCommitsCheck feature: the backed-up todo list uses
shortened commit IDs that may very well become ambiguous during the rebase.
For good measure, this patch series fixes that, too.

Finally, I saw that git rebase --edit-todo reported the line in an awkward,
maybe even incorrect, way when there was an ambiguous commit ID, and I also
fixed that.

To make sure that the code can be easily adapted to SHA-256 after these
patches, I actually already made those adjustments on top and offered them
up at https://github.com/bk2204/git/pull/1.

Johannes Schindelin (3):
  parse_insn_line(): improve error message when parsing failed
  rebase -i: re-fix short SHA-1 collision
  rebase -i: also avoid SHA-1 collisions with missingCommitsCheck

 rebase-interactive.c          |  8 +++++---
 sequencer.c                   | 21 +++++++++++++++++----
 t/t3404-rebase-interactive.sh | 17 +++++++++++++++--
 3 files changed, 37 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

base-commit: d0654dc308b0ba76dd8ed7bbb33c8d8f7aacd783
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-529%2Fdscho%2Fre-fix-rebase-i-with-sha-collisions-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-529/dscho/re-fix-rebase-i-with-sha-collisions-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/529
-- 
gitgitgadget