Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Use nanosecond-precision file times on Windows

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 03:23:18 -0700 (PDT)

This is yet another patch series in the slow wave of patches coming over
from Git for Windows.

With this change, we now use preciser timestamps to determine e.g. whether
the Git index is out of date. This change made it into Git for Windows
already in version 2.6.0, i.e. for a little over three years.

Please note that this change originally caused a lot of trouble, as e.g.
libgit2 was unaware of our plans and used second-precision file times. So if
you used Git for Windows as well as a libgit2-based program to, say, update
the Git index, there would be a back-and-forth between index updates with
and without the fractional second parts, causing quite a bit of bad
performance.

These issues have been ironed out long ago, though, so it is high time to
contribute these patches to core Git.

Johannes Schindelin (1):
  mingw: factor out code to set stat() data

Karsten Blees (2):
  mingw: replace MSVCRT's fstat() with a Win32-based implementation
  mingw: implement nanosecond-precision file times

 compat/mingw.c   | 76 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 compat/mingw.h   | 36 ++++++++++++++++-------
 config.mak.uname |  2 --
 3 files changed, 76 insertions(+), 38 deletions(-)

base-commit: c4df23f7927d8d00e666a3c8d1b3375f1dc8a3c1
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-53%2Fdscho%2Fnanosecond-file-times-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-53/dscho/nanosecond-file-times-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/53
-- 
gitgitgadget