Subject: [PATCH 0/3] [GSoC] receive.denyCurrentBranch: respect all worktrees

From: "Hariom Verma via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 18:59:07 +0000

The receive.denyCurrentBranch config option controls what happens if you
push to a branch that is checkout into a non-bare repository. By default, it
rejects it. It can be disabled via ignore or warn. Another yet trickier
option is updateInstead.

When receive.denyCurrentBranch is set to updateInstead, a push that tries to
update the branch that is currently checked out is accepted only when the
index and the working tree exactly matches the currently checked out commit,
in which case the index and the working tree are updated to match the pushed
commit. Otherwise, the push is refused.

However, this setting was forgotten when the git worktree command was
introduced: only the main worktree's current branch is respected. [ fixes:
#331 ]

Incidently, this change also fixes another bug i.e. 
receive.denyCurrentBranch = true was ignored when pushing into a non-bare
repository's unborn current branch.

Thanks, @dscho for helping me out.

Regards, Hariom

Hariom Verma (3):
  get_main_worktree(): allow it to be called in the Git directory
  t5509: initialized `pushee` as bare repository
  receive.denyCurrentBranch: respect all worktrees

 builtin/receive-pack.c           | 37 +++++++++++++++++---------------
 t/t5509-fetch-push-namespaces.sh |  2 +-
 t/t5516-fetch-push.sh            | 11 ++++++++++
 worktree.c                       |  1 +
 4 files changed, 33 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)

base-commit: 232378479ee6c66206d47a9be175e3a39682aea6
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-535%2Fharry-hov%2Fdeny-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-535/harry-hov/deny-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/535
-- 
gitgitgadget