Subject: [PATCH] update git-http-backend doc for lighttpd

From: "Glenn Strauss via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 03:52:30 +0000

From: Glenn Strauss <[email-masked]>

git-http-backend may be found at /usr/libexec/git-core/git-http-backend

scope lighttpd config directives for git-http-backend under "^/git"

Note:
lighttpd 1.4.51 setenv.add-environment does not add vars with empty value.
so use "GIT_HTTP_EXPORT_ALL" => "1" (with a value) in lighttpd 1.4.51.
lighttpd setenv.set-environment does, but was only introduced in 1.4.46
lighttpd 1.4.52 setenv.add-environment restores prior lighttpd 1.4.50
behavior.

Signed-off-by: Glenn Strauss <[email-masked]>
---
    update git-http-backend doc for lighttpd
    
     update git-http-backend doc for lighttpd:
    
    git-http-backend may be found at /usr/libexec/git-core/git-http-backend
    
    scope lighttpd config directives for git-http-backend under "^/git"
    
    Note: lighttpd 1.4.51 setenv.add-environment does not add vars with
    empty value. so use "GIT_HTTP_EXPORT_ALL" => "1" (with a value) in
    lighttpd 1.4.51. lighttpd setenv.set-environment does, but was only
    introduced in 1.4.46 lighttpd 1.4.52 setenv.add-environment restores
    prior lighttpd 1.4.50 behavior.
    
    Signed-off-by: Glenn Strauss [email-masked]
    [[email-masked]]
    
    [Edited to reflect refined commit. v1 and v2 were originally submitted
    via submitGit]

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-546%2Fgstrauss%2Flighttpd-git-http-backend-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-546/gstrauss/lighttpd-git-http-backend-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/546

 Documentation/git-http-backend.txt | 8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-http-backend.txt b/Documentation/git-http-backend.txt
index 558966aa83..9e8d7083be 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-http-backend.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-http-backend.txt
@@ -191,13 +191,13 @@ ScriptAlias /git/ /var/www/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi/
 ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
 Lighttpd::
-	Ensure that `mod_cgi`, `mod_alias`, `mod_auth`, `mod_setenv` are
-	loaded, then set `GIT_PROJECT_ROOT` appropriately and redirect
-	all requests to the CGI:
+	Ensure `mod_auth`, `mod_alias`, `mod_cgi`, `mod_setenv` are loaded,
+	then set path to git-http-backend in `alias.url`, redirect all `/git`
+	requests to CGI, and set `GIT_PROJECT_ROOT` path to git project root.
 +
 ----------------------------------------------------------------
-alias.url += ( "/git" => "/usr/lib/git-core/git-http-backend" )
 $HTTP["url"] =~ "^/git" {
+	alias.url += ("/git" => "/usr/libexec/git-core/git-http-backend")
 	cgi.assign = ("" => "")
 	setenv.add-environment = (
 		"GIT_PROJECT_ROOT" => "/var/www/git",

base-commit: 0ad714499976290d9a0229230cbe4efae930b8dc
-- 
gitgitgadget