Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Document two partial clone bugs, fix one

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 16:21:50 +0000

While playing with partial clone, I discovered a few bugs and document them
with tests in patch 1. One seems to be a server-side bug that happens in a
somewhat rare situation, but not terribly unlikely. The other is a
client-side bug that leads to quadratic amounts of data transfer; I fix this
bug in patch 2.

Thanks, -Stolee

Derrick Stolee (2):
  partial-clone: demonstrate bugs in partial fetch
  partial-clone: avoid fetching when looking for objects

 builtin/fetch.c          | 10 +++++-----
 t/t5616-partial-clone.sh | 26 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 31 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

base-commit: d0654dc308b0ba76dd8ed7bbb33c8d8f7aacd783
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-556%2Fderrickstolee%2Fpartial-clone-fix-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-556/derrickstolee/partial-clone-fix-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/556
-- 
gitgitgadget