Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] config: set pack.useSparse=true by default

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 12:38:08 +0000

Here is a small patch to convert pack.useSparse to true by default. It's
been released for over a year, so the feature is quite stable. I'm
submitting this now to allow it to cook for a while during the next release
cycle.

UPDATE IN V3: (I'm sorry for the rapid v3, I forgot to push the commit that
included this bit about GIT_TEST_PACK_SPARSE.)

Thanks to Jonathan Nieder pointing out the test implications, I've added a
patch to swap the role of GIT_TEST_PACK_SPARSE to test the other mode.

Thanks, -Stolee

Derrick Stolee (2):
  config: set pack.useSparse=true by default
  pack-objects: flip the use of GIT_TEST_PACK_SPARSE

 Documentation/config/feature.txt   |  3 ---
 Documentation/config/pack.txt      |  4 ++--
 Documentation/git-pack-objects.txt | 10 ++++++----
 builtin/pack-objects.c             |  4 ++--
 repo-settings.c                    |  3 ++-
 t/README                           |  6 +++---
 t/t5322-pack-objects-sparse.sh     |  4 +++-
 7 files changed, 18 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)

base-commit: 6c85aac65fb455af85745130ce35ddae4678db84
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-585%2Fderrickstolee%2Fpack-use-sparse-v3
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-585/derrickstolee/pack-use-sparse-v3
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/585

Range-diff vs v2:

 1:  60b5cc6f337 = 1:  60b5cc6f337 config: set pack.useSparse=true by default
 -:  ----------- > 2:  908d5c77c96 pack-objects: flip the use of GIT_TEST_PACK_SPARSE

-- 
gitgitgadget