Subject: [PATCH 0/2] [WIP] removed fetch_if_missing global

From: "Hariom Verma via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 19:54:35 +0000

We are not much happy with global variable fetch_if_missing. So, in commit
6462d5eb9a ("fetch: remove fetch_if_missing=0", 2019-11-08) Jonathan Tan 
[email-masked] [[email-masked]] attempted to remove the
need for fetch_if_missing=0 from the fetching mechanism. After that, 
fetch_if_missing is removed from clone and promisor-remote too.

I imitated the same logic to remove fetch_if_missing from fetch-pack & 
index-pack.

I'm looking forward to remove fetch_if_missing from other places too, but I
not sure about how to handle it.

In fsck, fetch_if_missing is set to 0 in the beginning of cmd_fsck().

In rev-list, fetch_if_missing is set to 0 in parse_missing_action_value(),
and in cmd_rev_list() while parsing the command-line parameters.(almost
similar case in pack-objects)

fixes #251

Hariom Verma (2):
  fetch-pack: remove fetch_if_missing=0
  index-pack: remove fetch_if_missing=0

 builtin/fetch-pack.c |  2 --
 builtin/index-pack.c | 11 ++---------
 fetch-pack.c         |  2 +-
 3 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

base-commit: be8661a3286c67a5d4088f4226cbd7f8b76544b0
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-606%2Fharry-hov%2Ffetch-if-missing-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-606/harry-hov/fetch-if-missing-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/606
-- 
gitgitgadget