Subject: [PATCH 0/8] CMake build system for git

From: "Sibi Siddharthan via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 04:01:29 +0000

This is an attempt to build Git using CMake. CMake is cross-platform build
generator which works well on a variety of platforms(primarily Linux and
Windows). Using CMake we can check whether certain headers exist, certain
functions exist, the required libraries are present and configure the build
accordingly. Using CMake we can also build and test Git out of source,
resulting in a clean source tree.

Tested platforms

Ubuntu 18.04 GCC 7.4 Clang 8.0.1

Windows MinGW GCC 9.2 Clang 9 Visual Studio 2015,2017,2019

Sibi Siddharthan (8):
  Introduce CMake support for configuring Git on Linux
  cmake: generate the shell/perl/python scripts and templates,
    translations
  cmake: installation support for git
  cmake: support for testing git with ctest
  cmake: support for testing git when building out of the source tree
  cmake: support for building git on windows with mingw
  cmake: support for building git on windows with msvc and clang.
  ci: modification of main.yml to use cmake for vs-build job

 .github/workflows/main.yml |  43 +-
 CMakeLists.txt             | 952 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 977 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 CMakeLists.txt

base-commit: 744177e7f7fd407c26e9e4aa3b19696859010c48
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-614%2FSibiSiddharthan%2Fgit-og-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-614/SibiSiddharthan/git-og-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/614
-- 
gitgitgadget