Subject: [PATCH 0/2] credential: handle partial URLs in config settings again (master)

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 22:35:47 +0000

This is a companion patch to https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/615,
but targets maint instead of maint-2.17: There is not really a good way to
get those patches into maint by merging because the final patch looks quite
a bit different by necessity (after 46fd7b390034 (credential: allow wildcard
patterns when matching config, 2020-02-20) the urlmatch machinery is
supposed to handle credential.<url>.* config parsing).

IMHO the easiest strategy would be to apply these patches on top of maint,
then merge the other patches on top of maint-2.17 with -s ours.

Note: typically I do not send GitGitGadget PRs before the builds finished,
just in case that I did something really stupid that breaks plenty of tests.
However, in this case, I figure that y'all want to see them patches early,
and I can't wait for the build to finish because I need to get some rest,
like, right now.

Johannes Schindelin (2):
  credential: optionally allow partial URLs in
    credential_from_url_gently()
  credential: handle `credential.<partial-URL>.<key>` again

 credential.c           | 69 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 t/t0300-credentials.sh | 38 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 urlmatch.c             | 10 ++++--
 urlmatch.h             |  5 +++
 4 files changed, 113 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

base-commit: af6b65d45ef179ed52087e80cb089f6b2349f4ec
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-620%2Fdscho%2Fcredential-config-partial-url-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-620/dscho/credential-config-partial-url-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/620
-- 
gitgitgadget