Subject: [PATCH 0/1] mingw: handle absolute paths in expand_user_path()

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2018 06:53:16 -0800 (PST)

While this patch has been "in production" in Git for Windows for a good
while, this patch series is half meant as a request for comments.

The reason is this: something like this (make paths specified e.g. via 
http.sslCAInfo relative to the runtime prefix) is potentially useful also in
the non-Windows context, as long as Git was built with the runtime prefix
feature.

The main problem with non-Windows platforms is that paths starting with a
single slash are unambiguously absolute, whereas we can say with certainty
that they are not absolute Windows paths.

So maybe someone on this list has a clever idea how we could specify paths
(unambiguously, even on non-Windows platforms) that Git should interpret as
relative to the runtime prefix?

Johannes Schindelin (1):
  mingw: handle absolute paths in expand_user_path()

 path.c | 5 +++++
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+)

base-commit: cd69ec8cde54af1817630331fc441f493866f0d4
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-66%2Fdscho%2Fmingw-expand-absolute-user-path-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-66/dscho/mingw-expand-absolute-user-path-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/66
-- 
gitgitgadget