Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] Accommodate for pu having been renamed to seen

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 14:48:37 +0000

This patch series adjusts Git's own source code to reflect that change.

Please note that even with these patches, there are still a couple places
where pu is used:

 * In the translations. These are legitimate words in languages that are not
   English (as in "gpg n'a pas pu signer les données" where "pu" is French
   for the English "could").
 * In upload-pack.c, where a variable named pu is short form for
   "pack-objects updates".

Changes since v1:

 * Rebased onto master (no conflicts, so it is safe, and it is more robust
   than basing the patches on seen which already contains v1 of these
   patches).

 * Adjusted the quoting to match 
   https://lore.kernel.org/git/e2[email-masked]/
   .

Johannes Schindelin (3):
  docs: adjust for the recent rename of `pu` to `seen`
  docs: adjust the technical overview for the rename `pu` -> `seen`
  tests: reference `seen` wherever `pu` was referenced

 Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt         |  4 +-
 Documentation/SubmittingPatches               | 10 ++--
 Documentation/git-fetch.txt                   |  8 +--
 Documentation/git-ls-remote.txt               |  4 +-
 Documentation/giteveryday.txt                 | 10 ++--
 Documentation/gitworkflows.txt                | 16 +++---
 Documentation/howto/maintain-git.txt          | 52 +++++++++----------
 .../howto/rebase-from-internal-branch.txt     | 32 ++++++------
 Documentation/howto/revert-branch-rebase.txt  | 32 ++++++------
 Documentation/howto/update-hook-example.txt   |  6 +--
 Documentation/user-manual.txt                 |  2 +-
 t/t5505-remote.sh                             |  8 +--
 t/t5516-fetch-push.sh                         | 16 +++---
 t/t9902-completion.sh                         |  4 +-
 14 files changed, 102 insertions(+), 102 deletions(-)

base-commit: c9c318d6bf26bcecdca5b6f31683b9d5887a83ee
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-668%2Fdscho%2Faccommodate-for-pu-having-been-renamed-to-seen-v2
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-668/dscho/accommodate-for-pu-having-been-renamed-to-seen-v2
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/668

Range-diff vs v1:

 1:  dc6f971290 ! 1:  35e3dafd6a docs: adjust for the recent rename of `pu` to `seen`
     @@ Documentation/SubmittingPatches: their trees themselves.
         patches, and will let you know. This works only if you rebase on top
         of the branch in which your patch has been merged (i.e. it will not
      -  tell you if your patch is merged in pu if you rebase on top of
     -+  tell you if your patch is merged in 'seen' if you rebase on top of
     ++  tell you if your patch is merged in `seen` if you rebase on top of
         master).
       
       * Read the Git mailing list, the maintainer regularly posts messages
     @@ Documentation/giteveryday.txt: $ git push --follow-tags ko <13>
       <2> see which branches haven't been merged into `master` yet.
       Likewise for any other integration branches e.g. `maint`, `next`
      -and `pu` (potential updates).
     -+and `seen` (patches seen by the maintainer).
     ++and `seen`.
       <3> read mails, save ones that are applicable, and save others
       that are not quite ready (other mail readers are available).
       <4> apply them, interactively, with your sign-offs.
     @@ Documentation/gitworkflows.txt: As a given feature goes from experimental to sta
      -* 'pu' (proposed updates) is an integration branch for things that are
      -  not quite ready for inclusion yet (see "Integration Branches"
      -  below).
     -+* 'seen' (patches seen by the maintainer) is an integration branch for
     ++* `seen` (patches seen by the maintainer) is an integration branch for
      +  things that are not quite ready for inclusion yet (see "Integration
      +  Branches" below).
       
 2:  b792cb036c = 2:  c2bcfdcb5b docs: adjust the technical overview for the rename `pu` -> `seen`
 3:  17adbd5639 = 3:  c8e356c02f tests: reference `seen` wherever `pu` was referenced

-- 
gitgitgadget