Subject: [PATCH 0/3] [RFC] List all guides in git(1)

From: "Philippe Blain via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 15:20:44 +0000

This series adds a list of the guides to git(1).

The first commit adds the misssing guides 'gitcredentials' and
'gitremote-helpers' to command-list.txt. The only missing guide after this
change is 'gitweb.conf', but I think this one is obscure anough, and already
linked to in 'gitweb.txt', that it does not matter much.

The second commit drops the usage of 'common' and 'useful' for guides. This
was suggested as one of two ways forward by Duy in [1] but was not commented
on. I'm CC'ing the people that were CC'ed on that message.

The third commit tweaks 'Documentation/cmd-list.perl' so that it also
generates a list of the guides, which gets included in 'git.txt'. I chose to
put this list just after the end of the list of commands.

[1] 
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Philippe Blain (3):
  command-list.txt: add missing 'gitcredentials' and 'gitremote-helpers'
  help: drop usage of 'common' and 'useful' for guides
  git.txt: add list of guides

 Documentation/Makefile           |  1 +
 Documentation/cmd-list.perl      | 10 ++++++++--
 Documentation/git-help.txt       |  6 +++---
 Documentation/git.txt            |  7 +++++++
 Documentation/gitcredentials.txt |  2 +-
 builtin/help.c                   |  2 +-
 command-list.txt                 |  2 ++
 help.c                           |  4 ++--
 help.h                           |  2 +-
 9 files changed, 26 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

base-commit: e8ab941b671da6890181aea5b5755d1d9eea24ec
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-691%2Fphil-blain%2Flist-guides-in-git.1-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-691/phil-blain/list-guides-in-git.1-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/691
-- 
gitgitgadget