Subject: [PATCH 0/2] built-in rebase --autostash: fix regression

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2018 06:00:47 -0800 (PST)

It was reported that the new, shiny built-in git rebase has a bug where it
would detach the HEAD when it was not even necessary to detach it.

Keeping with my fine tradition to first demonstrate what is the actual
problem (and making it easy to verify my claim), this patch series first
introduces the regression test, and then the (quite simple) fix.

AEvar, sorry for the ASCII-fication of your name, I still did not find the
time to look at the GitGitGadget bug closely where it does the wrong thing
when Cc:ing with non-ASCII names.

Johannes Schindelin (2):
  built-in rebase: demonstrate regression with --autostash
  built-in rebase --autostash: leave the current branch alone if
    possible

 builtin/rebase.c            | 3 ++-
 t/t3420-rebase-autostash.sh | 8 ++++++++
 2 files changed, 10 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

base-commit: 8858448bb49332d353febc078ce4a3abcc962efe
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-70%2Fdscho%2Ffix-built-in-rebase-autostash-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-70/dscho/fix-built-in-rebase-autostash-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/70
-- 
gitgitgadget