Subject: [PATCH 0/6] Avoid multiple recursive calls for same path in read_directory_recursive()

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 22:03:37 +0000

This patch series builds on en/fill-directory-fixes-more. This series should
be considered an RFC because of the untracked-cache changes (see the last
two commits), for which I'm hoping to get an untracked-cache expert to
comment. This series does provide some modest speedups (see second to last
commit message), and should allow 'git status --ignored' to complete in a
more reasonable timeframe for Martin Melka (see 
https://lore.kernel.org/git/CANt4O2L_DZnMqVxZzTBMvr=[email-masked]/
)

Elijah Newren (6):
  dir: consolidate treat_path() and treat_one_path()
  dir: fix broken comment
  dir: fix confusion based on variable tense
  dir: move setting of nested_repo next to its actual usage
  dir: replace exponential algorithm with a linear one
  t7063: blindly accept diffs

 dir.c                             | 295 +++++++++++++++++-------------
 t/t7063-status-untracked-cache.sh |  50 ++---
 2 files changed, 191 insertions(+), 154 deletions(-)

base-commit: 0cbb60574e741e8255ba457606c4c90898cfc755
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-700%2Fnewren%2Ffill-directory-exponential-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-700/newren/fill-directory-exponential-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/700
-- 
gitgitgadget