Subject: [PATCH 0/3] ci: upgrade to the latest Azure Pipelines agent pools

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 20:09:32 +0000

At least the Windows agents we use will go away on March 23rd, 2020
[https://devblogs.microsoft.com/devops/removing-older-images-in-azure-pipelines-hosted-pools/]
, in favor of newer, faster, better ones. We might just as well use the
latter already long before the cut-off date.

While at it, let's also update to a newer macOS pool. This necessitates two
distinct fixes, though:

 * Our ci/ scripts were ill-prepared to deal with System Integrity
   Protection [https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204899]. This resulted in
   the p4d -V call seemingly "hanging" (Narrator's voice: it did not "hang",
   it actually opened a GUI dialog to ask the user whether it was okay to
   execute this quarantined executable).

 * Apparently nobody ever bothered running the Apache2-based tests (t5616,
   t5702 and t5703, probably more) on macOS. I say that because they don't
   work, over-relying on GNU-specific behavior of sed. I rewrote those sed 
   calls to use Perl instead.

Johannes Schindelin (3):
  t/lib-httpd: avoid using BSD's sed
  ci: prevent `perforce` from being quarantined
  Azure Pipeline: switch to the latest agent pools

 azure-pipelines.yml                | 37 +++++++++++++++++++----------
 ci/install-dependencies.sh         |  4 ++--
 t/lib-httpd.sh                     |  2 +-
 t/lib-httpd/apache.conf            |  6 ++---
 t/lib-httpd/apply-one-time-perl.sh | 27 +++++++++++++++++++++
 t/lib-httpd/apply-one-time-sed.sh  | 24 -------------------
 t/t5537-fetch-shallow.sh           | 10 ++++----
 t/t5616-partial-clone.sh           | 38 +++++++++++++++++-------------
 t/t5702-protocol-v2.sh             | 12 +++++-----
 t/t5703-upload-pack-ref-in-want.sh |  6 ++---
 10 files changed, 93 insertions(+), 73 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 t/lib-httpd/apply-one-time-perl.sh
 delete mode 100644 t/lib-httpd/apply-one-time-sed.sh

base-commit: 2d2118b814c11f509e1aa76cb07110f7231668dc
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-714%2Fdscho%2Fazure-pipelines-latest-pools-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-714/dscho/azure-pipelines-latest-pools-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/714
-- 
gitgitgadget