Subject: [PATCH 0/5] Testcase cleanups (merge related)

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 00:14:19 +0000

This series has a few testcase cleanups, and a new testcase. In more detail:

 * The first three patches are just various forms of testcase modernization
 * The fourth patch updates some tests to check intended behavior instead of
   a proxy thereof
 * The fifth patch adds a new simple testcase that there is no other
   merge/rebase/cherry-pick test for in our testsuite, just for added
   defensiveness.

As a side note: t60[01]* is used by rev-list, and then t60[234].sh is kinda
taken by merge-recursive except that t6030 and t6041 are for bisect and
t6040 for remote tracking stuff. Because t60[234].sh got filled up, rev-list
spilled over to t61[01]* as well. It's all kind of a mess. I'm curious if
moving the merge stuff over to t64* would make sense, since that'd keep the
merge stuff together, and would also free up space for rev-list, bisect,
remote-tracking and whatnot. Would that just be too much churn?

Elijah Newren (5):
  t602[1236], t6034: modernize test formatting
  t6020, t6022, t6035: update merge tests to use test helper functions
  t3035: prefer test_must_fail to bash negation for git commands
  t6022, t6046: test expected behavior instead of testing a proxy for it
  t6020: new test with interleaved lexicographic ordering of directories

 t/t3035-merge-sparse.sh                |   4 +-
 t/t6020-merge-df.sh                    |  55 ++-
 t/t6021-merge-criss-cross.sh           | 135 +++---
 t/t6022-merge-rename.sh                | 382 +++++++++--------
 t/t6023-merge-file.sh                  | 568 +++++++++++++------------
 t/t6026-merge-attr.sh                  |  46 +-
 t/t6034-merge-rename-nocruft.sh        | 122 +++---
 t/t6035-merge-dir-to-symlink.sh        |  28 +-
 t/t6046-merge-skip-unneeded-updates.sh |  89 ++--
 9 files changed, 752 insertions(+), 677 deletions(-)

base-commit: 2d2118b814c11f509e1aa76cb07110f7231668dc
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-716%2Fnewren%2Ftestcase-cleanups-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-716/newren/testcase-cleanups-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/716
-- 
gitgitgadget