Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Fix 2.26.0 rebase regression and documentation shortcoming

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 05:13:39 +0000

This two commit series addresses two points raised by Peff about rebase
backend issues, in reverse order of what he reported. The first is a fix to
a regression in 2.26.0 (when 2.26.0-rc0 added the dropping of commits which
become empty, if the last commit in the series was the one that became empty
the rebase would complete without cleaning out state files), and the other
is just a documentation update about a backend difference that we were
previously unaware of.

The first patch is a one-line fix to the merge backend. The second patch
could probably do with a fix to the apply backend but I instead only updated
the documentation to note this issue in order to minimize the risk with the
2.26.0 release.

Elijah Newren (2):
  sequencer: clear CHERRY_PICK_HEAD upon dropping a become-empty commit
  git-rebase.txt: highlight backend differences with commit rewording

 Documentation/git-rebase.txt | 10 ++++++++++
 sequencer.c                  |  1 +
 2 files changed, 11 insertions(+)

base-commit: b4374e96c84ed9394fed363973eb540da308ed4f
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-722%2Fnewren%2Frebase-fixups-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-722/newren/rebase-fixups-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/722
-- 
gitgitgadget