Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Unify trailers formatting logic for pretty.c and ref-filter.c

From: "Hariom Verma via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 19:48:09 +0000

Currently, there exists a separate logic for %(trailers) in "pretty.{c,h}"
and "ref-filter.{c,h}". Both are actually doing the same thing, why not use
the same code for both of them?

This patch series is focused on unifying the "%(trailers)" logic for both
'pretty.{c,h}' and 'ref-filter.{c,h}'. So, we can have one logic for
trailers.

Note: We used pretty's logic in ref-filter because it supports more
%(trailers) options.

Hariom Verma (2):
  pretty.c: refactor trailer logic to `format_set_trailers_options()`
  ref-filter: using pretty.c logic for trailers

 Documentation/git-for-each-ref.txt |  36 +++++++--
 Hariom Verma via GitGitGadget      |   0
 pretty.c                           |  83 +++++++++++++--------
 pretty.h                           |  11 +++
 ref-filter.c                       |  35 ++++-----
 t/t6300-for-each-ref.sh            | 115 +++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 6 files changed, 215 insertions(+), 65 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Hariom Verma via GitGitGadget

base-commit: 3a238e539bcdfe3f9eb5010fd218640c1b499f7a
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-726%2Fharry-hov%2Funify-trailers-logic-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-726/harry-hov/unify-trailers-logic-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/726
-- 
gitgitgadget