Subject: [PATCH 0/4] clone: allow configurable default for -o/--origin

From: "Sean Barag via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 18:25:23 +0000

Took another pass at supporting a configurable default for-o/--origin, this
time following Junio's suggestions from a previous approach as much as
possible [1]. Unfortunately, Johannes mentioned that --template can write
new config values that aren't automatically merged without re-calling 
git_config. There doesn't appear to be a way around this without rewriting
significant amounts of init and config logic across the codebase.

While this could have been v2 of the original patchset, it's diverged so
drastically from the original that it likely warrants its own root thread.
If that's not appropriate though, I'd be happy to restructure!

Thanks for all the advice Junio and Johannes! This feels significantly
better than my first attempt.

[1] 
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
[2] https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/727#issuecomment-689740195

Sean Barag (4):
  clone: add tests for --template and some disallowed option pairs
  clone: call git_config before parse_options
  clone: validate --origin option before use
  clone: allow configurable default for `-o`/`--origin`

 Documentation/config.txt       |  2 +
 Documentation/config/clone.txt |  5 +++
 Documentation/git-clone.txt    |  5 ++-
 builtin/clone.c                | 65 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 t/t5606-clone-options.sh       | 67 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 128 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/config/clone.txt

base-commit: 54e85e7af1ac9e9a92888060d6811ae767fea1bc
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-727%2Fsjbarag%2Fclone_add-configurable-default-for--o-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-727/sjbarag/clone_add-configurable-default-for--o-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/727
-- 
gitgitgadget