Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Allow "no-op hunks" when editing the diff in git add -e

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 12:54:47 -0800 (PST)

I use git add -e frequently. Often there are multiple hunks and I end up
deleting the + lines and converting the - lines to context lines, as I like
to stage massive changes in an incremental fashion (and commit those staged
changes incrementally, too).

Some time after I invented git add -e, this feature was broken, and I had to
start identifying and deleting those hunks with no changes.

I finally got around to find the regression, and to fix it. Here is the
outcome of this effort.

Johannes Schindelin (1):
  apply --recount: allow "no-op hunks"

 apply.c                |  2 +-
 t/t4136-apply-check.sh | 12 ++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 13 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

base-commit: 8858448bb49332d353febc078ce4a3abcc962efe
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-74%2Fdscho%2Fapply-recount-empty-hunk-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-74/dscho/apply-recount-empty-hunk-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/74
-- 
gitgitgadget