Subject: [PATCH v2 0/4] Adjust t5411 for the upcoming change of the default branch name

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 19:45:59 +0000

The test script t5411-proc-receive-hook.sh is an interesting case: it not
only requires tons of mostly straight-forward changes that amount to an
automated search-and-replace, but it also requires a few adjustments due to
the change of the default branch name's length.

This patch series is part of the over-all effort tracked in 
https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/655.

Changes since v1:

 * We now set GIT_TEST_DEFAULT_INITIAL_BRANCH_NAME explicitly to master in
   patch 1/4, effectively disabling the test due to the use of the 
   PREPARE_FOR_MAIN_BRANCH prereq until we switch it over to setting the
   initial branch name to main with patch 4/4.

Johannes Schindelin (4):
  t5411: start using the default branch name "main"
  t5411: start adjusting the support files for init.defaultBranch=main
  t5411: adjust the remaining support files for init.defaultBranch=main
  t5411: finish preparing for `main` being the default branch name

 t/t5411-proc-receive-hook.sh                  |  17 ++-
 t/t5411/common-functions.sh                   |   2 +-
 t/t5411/once-0010-report-status-v1.sh         |  50 ++++----
 t/t5411/test-0000-standard-git-push.sh        |  72 +++++------
 .../test-0001-standard-git-push--porcelain.sh |  72 +++++------
 t/t5411/test-0002-pre-receive-declined.sh     |  12 +-
 ...st-0003-pre-receive-declined--porcelain.sh |  12 +-
 t/t5411/test-0011-no-hook-error.sh            |  38 +++---
 t/t5411/test-0012-no-hook-error--porcelain.sh |  38 +++---
 t/t5411/test-0013-bad-protocol.sh             |  96 +++++++-------
 t/t5411/test-0014-bad-protocol--porcelain.sh  |  70 +++++-----
 t/t5411/test-0020-report-ng.sh                |  40 +++---
 t/t5411/test-0021-report-ng--porcelain.sh     |  40 +++---
 t/t5411/test-0022-report-unexpect-ref.sh      |  36 +++---
 ...est-0023-report-unexpect-ref--porcelain.sh |  36 +++---
 t/t5411/test-0024-report-unknown-ref.sh       |  12 +-
 ...test-0025-report-unknown-ref--porcelain.sh |  12 +-
 t/t5411/test-0026-push-options.sh             |  36 +++---
 t/t5411/test-0027-push-options--porcelain.sh  |  36 +++---
 t/t5411/test-0030-report-ok.sh                |  22 ++--
 t/t5411/test-0031-report-ok--porcelain.sh     |  22 ++--
 t/t5411/test-0032-report-with-options.sh      | 120 +++++++++---------
 ...est-0033-report-with-options--porcelain.sh | 120 +++++++++---------
 t/t5411/test-0034-report-ft.sh                |  30 ++---
 t/t5411/test-0035-report-ft--porcelain.sh     |  30 ++---
 ...t-0036-report-multi-rewrite-for-one-ref.sh |  90 ++++++-------
 ...rt-multi-rewrite-for-one-ref--porcelain.sh |  82 ++++++------
 t/t5411/test-0038-report-mixed-refs.sh        |  40 +++---
 .../test-0039-report-mixed-refs--porcelain.sh |  40 +++---
 t/t5411/test-0040-process-all-refs.sh         |  42 +++---
 .../test-0041-process-all-refs--porcelain.sh  |  42 +++---
 ...t-0050-proc-receive-refs-with-modifiers.sh |  42 +++---
 32 files changed, 726 insertions(+), 723 deletions(-)

base-commit: 3224b0f0bb7bc90c0156e73c58f1d2e770f0ad7c
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-760%2Fdscho%2Fprepare-for-main-branch-t5411-v2
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-760/dscho/prepare-for-main-branch-t5411-v2
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/760

Range-diff vs v1:

 1:  f997166db4 ! 1:  9b1c7eb0b4 t5411: start using the default branch name "main"
     @@ Commit message
          Signed-off-by: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
      
       ## t/t5411-proc-receive-hook.sh ##
     -@@ t/t5411-proc-receive-hook.sh: test_description='Test proc-receive hook'
     +@@
       
     + test_description='Test proc-receive hook'
     + 
     ++GIT_TEST_DEFAULT_INITIAL_BRANCH_NAME=master
     ++export GIT_TEST_DEFAULT_INITIAL_BRANCH_NAME
     ++
       . ./test-lib.sh
       
      +test_have_prereq PREPARE_FOR_MAIN_BRANCH || {
 2:  b9fcc47eb7 = 2:  0667f18244 t5411: start adjusting the support files for init.defaultBranch=main
 3:  ca914fbc4b = 3:  cf2a378793 t5411: adjust the remaining support files for init.defaultBranch=main
 4:  ac2173cce7 ! 4:  6f1f1a9264 t5411: finish preparing for `main` being the default branch name
     @@ t/t5411-proc-receive-hook.sh
       
       test_description='Test proc-receive hook'
       
     --. ./test-lib.sh
     +-GIT_TEST_DEFAULT_INITIAL_BRANCH_NAME=master
      +GIT_TEST_DEFAULT_INITIAL_BRANCH_NAME=main
     -+export GIT_TEST_DEFAULT_INITIAL_BRANCH_NAME
     + export GIT_TEST_DEFAULT_INITIAL_BRANCH_NAME
     + 
     + . ./test-lib.sh
       
      -test_have_prereq PREPARE_FOR_MAIN_BRANCH || {
      -	test_skip="In transit for the default branch name 'main'"
      -	test_done
      -}
     -+. ./test-lib.sh
     - 
     +-
       . "$TEST_DIRECTORY"/t5411/common-functions.sh
       
     + setup_upstream_and_workbench () {
      
       ## t/t5411/once-0010-report-status-v1.sh ##
      @@ t/t5411/once-0010-report-status-v1.sh: test_expect_success "proc-receive: report status v1" '

-- 
gitgitgadget