Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Adjust t5515 for the upcoming change of the default branch name

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 23:55:03 +0000

To allow for switching the default of init.defaultBranch to main, we adjust
the test script t5515 and its friends in t/t5515/. This is a large chunk of
modifications, but happily, most of them are a totally trivial
search-and-replace.

This patch series is part of the over-all effort tracked in 
https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/655.

Johannes Schindelin (4):
  t5515: use `main` as the name of the main branch for testing (part 1)
  t5515: use `main` as the name of the main branch for testing (part 2)
  t5515: use `main` as the name of the main branch for testing (part 3)
  t5515: use `main` as the name of the main branch for testing
    (conclusion)

 t/t5515-fetch-merge-logic.sh                  | 27 ++++++++++---------
 t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default             |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-merge       |  4 +--
 ...br-branches-default-merge_branches-default |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-octopus     |  4 +--
 ...-branches-default-octopus_branches-default |  4 +--
 ...fetch.br-branches-default_branches-default |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-one                 |  2 +-
 t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-one-merge           |  2 +-
 .../fetch.br-branches-one-merge_branches-one  |  2 +-
 t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-one-octopus         |  2 +-
 ...fetch.br-branches-one-octopus_branches-one |  2 +-
 t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-one_branches-one    |  2 +-
 t/t5515/fetch.br-config-explicit              |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-config-explicit-merge        |  4 +--
 ...h.br-config-explicit-merge_config-explicit |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-config-explicit-octopus      |  4 +--
 ...br-config-explicit-octopus_config-explicit |  4 +--
 .../fetch.br-config-explicit_config-explicit  |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-config-glob                  |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-config-glob-merge            |  4 +--
 .../fetch.br-config-glob-merge_config-glob    |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-config-glob-octopus          |  4 +--
 .../fetch.br-config-glob-octopus_config-glob  |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-config-glob_config-glob      |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-explicit              |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-explicit-merge        |  4 +--
 ...h.br-remote-explicit-merge_remote-explicit |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-explicit-octopus      |  4 +--
 ...br-remote-explicit-octopus_remote-explicit |  4 +--
 .../fetch.br-remote-explicit_remote-explicit  |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-glob                  |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-glob-merge            |  4 +--
 .../fetch.br-remote-glob-merge_remote-glob    |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-glob-octopus          |  4 +--
 .../fetch.br-remote-glob-octopus_remote-glob  |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-glob_remote-glob      |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-unconfig                     |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-unconfig_--tags_.._.git      |  2 +-
 ....._.git_one_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three-file |  2 +-
 ...._.git_tag_tag-one-tree_tag_tag-three-file |  2 +-
 ...unconfig_.._.git_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three |  2 +-
 t/t5515/fetch.br-unconfig_branches-default    |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-unconfig_branches-one        |  2 +-
 t/t5515/fetch.br-unconfig_config-explicit     |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-unconfig_config-glob         |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-unconfig_remote-explicit     |  4 +--
 t/t5515/fetch.br-unconfig_remote-glob         |  4 +--
 t/t5515/{fetch.master => fetch.main}          |  6 ++---
 ...tags_.._.git => fetch.main_--tags_.._.git} |  4 +--
 ...etch.master_.._.git => fetch.main_.._.git} |  2 +-
 ...ter_.._.git_one => fetch.main_.._.git_one} |  2 +-
 ...._.git_one_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three-file} |  4 +--
 ...git_one_two => fetch.main_.._.git_one_two} |  2 +-
 ..._.git_tag_tag-one-tree_tag_tag-three-file} |  4 +--
 ...ch.main_.._.git_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three} |  4 +--
 ...es-default => fetch.main_branches-default} |  6 ++---
 ...r_branches-one => fetch.main_branches-one} |  4 +--
 ...ig-explicit => fetch.main_config-explicit} |  6 ++---
 ...ter_config-glob => fetch.main_config-glob} |  6 ++---
 ...te-explicit => fetch.main_remote-explicit} |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/fetch.main_remote-glob                | 11 ++++++++
 t/t5515/fetch.master_remote-glob              | 11 --------
 t/t5515/refs.br-branches-default              |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-branches-default-merge        |  6 ++---
 ...br-branches-default-merge_branches-default |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-branches-default-octopus      |  6 ++---
 ...-branches-default-octopus_branches-default |  6 ++---
 .../refs.br-branches-default_branches-default |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-branches-one                  |  4 +--
 t/t5515/refs.br-branches-one-merge            |  4 +--
 .../refs.br-branches-one-merge_branches-one   |  4 +--
 t/t5515/refs.br-branches-one-octopus          |  4 +--
 .../refs.br-branches-one-octopus_branches-one |  4 +--
 t/t5515/refs.br-branches-one_branches-one     |  4 +--
 t/t5515/refs.br-config-explicit               |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-config-explicit-merge         |  6 ++---
 ...s.br-config-explicit-merge_config-explicit |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-config-explicit-octopus       |  6 ++---
 ...br-config-explicit-octopus_config-explicit |  6 ++---
 .../refs.br-config-explicit_config-explicit   |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-config-glob                   |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-config-glob-merge             |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-config-glob-merge_config-glob |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-config-glob-octopus           |  6 ++---
 .../refs.br-config-glob-octopus_config-glob   |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-config-glob_config-glob       |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-remote-explicit               |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-remote-explicit-merge         |  6 ++---
 ...s.br-remote-explicit-merge_remote-explicit |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-remote-explicit-octopus       |  6 ++---
 ...br-remote-explicit-octopus_remote-explicit |  6 ++---
 .../refs.br-remote-explicit_remote-explicit   |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-remote-glob                   |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-remote-glob-merge             |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-remote-glob-merge_remote-glob |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-remote-glob-octopus           |  6 ++---
 .../refs.br-remote-glob-octopus_remote-glob   |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-remote-glob_remote-glob       |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-unconfig                      |  4 +--
 t/t5515/refs.br-unconfig_--tags_.._.git       |  4 +--
 t/t5515/refs.br-unconfig_.._.git              |  2 +-
 t/t5515/refs.br-unconfig_.._.git_one          |  2 +-
 ....._.git_one_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three-file |  4 +--
 t/t5515/refs.br-unconfig_.._.git_one_two      |  2 +-
 ...._.git_tag_tag-one-tree_tag_tag-three-file |  4 +--
 ...unconfig_.._.git_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three |  4 +--
 t/t5515/refs.br-unconfig_branches-default     |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-unconfig_branches-one         |  4 +--
 t/t5515/refs.br-unconfig_config-explicit      |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-unconfig_config-glob          |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-unconfig_remote-explicit      |  6 ++---
 t/t5515/refs.br-unconfig_remote-glob          |  6 ++---
 ...g_tag-one_tag_tag-three-file => refs.main} |  4 +--
 ...ag-three-file => refs.main_--tags_.._.git} |  4 +--
 ...ster_.._.git_one_two => refs.main_.._.git} |  2 +-
 ...s.master_.._.git => refs.main_.._.git_one} |  2 +-
 ...._.git_one_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three-file} |  4 +--
 ..._.._.git_one => refs.main_.._.git_one_two} |  2 +-
 ..._.git_tag_tag-one-tree_tag_tag-three-file} |  4 +--
 ...efs.main_.._.git_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three | 11 ++++++++
 ...hes-default => refs.main_branches-default} |  6 ++---
 ...er_branches-one => refs.main_branches-one} |  4 +--
 ...fig-explicit => refs.main_config-explicit} |  6 ++---
 ...ster_config-glob => refs.main_config-glob} |  6 ++---
 ...ote-explicit => refs.main_remote-explicit} |  6 ++---
 ...ster_remote-glob => refs.main_remote-glob} |  6 ++---
 ...s.master_.._.git_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three | 11 --------
 128 files changed, 308 insertions(+), 305 deletions(-)
 rename t/t5515/{fetch.master => fetch.main} (78%)
 rename t/t5515/{fetch.master_--tags_.._.git => fetch.main_--tags_.._.git} (81%)
 rename t/t5515/{fetch.master_.._.git => fetch.main_.._.git} (73%)
 rename t/t5515/{fetch.master_.._.git_one => fetch.main_.._.git_one} (74%)
 rename t/t5515/{fetch.master_.._.git_one_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three-file => fetch.main_.._.git_one_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three-file} (77%)
 rename t/t5515/{fetch.master_.._.git_one_two => fetch.main_.._.git_one_two} (83%)
 rename t/t5515/{fetch.master_.._.git_tag_tag-one-tree_tag_tag-three-file => fetch.main_.._.git_tag_tag-one-tree_tag_tag-three-file} (74%)
 rename t/t5515/{fetch.master_.._.git_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three => fetch.main_.._.git_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three} (75%)
 rename t/t5515/{fetch.master_branches-default => fetch.main_branches-default} (69%)
 rename t/t5515/{fetch.master_branches-one => fetch.main_branches-one} (81%)
 rename t/t5515/{fetch.master_config-explicit => fetch.main_config-explicit} (78%)
 rename t/t5515/{fetch.master_config-glob => fetch.main_config-glob} (77%)
 rename t/t5515/{fetch.master_remote-explicit => fetch.main_remote-explicit} (78%)
 create mode 100644 t/t5515/fetch.main_remote-glob
 delete mode 100644 t/t5515/fetch.master_remote-glob
 rename t/t5515/{refs.master_.._.git_one_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three-file => refs.main} (81%)
 rename t/t5515/{refs.master_.._.git_tag_tag-one-tree_tag_tag-three-file => refs.main_--tags_.._.git} (81%)
 rename t/t5515/{refs.master_.._.git_one_two => refs.main_.._.git} (79%)
 rename t/t5515/{refs.master_.._.git => refs.main_.._.git_one} (79%)
 rename t/t5515/{refs.master => refs.main_.._.git_one_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three-file} (81%)
 rename t/t5515/{refs.master_.._.git_one => refs.main_.._.git_one_two} (79%)
 rename t/t5515/{refs.master_--tags_.._.git => refs.main_.._.git_tag_tag-one-tree_tag_tag-three-file} (81%)
 create mode 100644 t/t5515/refs.main_.._.git_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three
 rename t/t5515/{refs.master_branches-default => refs.main_branches-default} (74%)
 rename t/t5515/{refs.master_branches-one => refs.main_branches-one} (83%)
 rename t/t5515/{refs.master_config-explicit => refs.main_config-explicit} (79%)
 rename t/t5515/{refs.master_config-glob => refs.main_config-glob} (79%)
 rename t/t5515/{refs.master_remote-explicit => refs.main_remote-explicit} (79%)
 rename t/t5515/{refs.master_remote-glob => refs.main_remote-glob} (79%)
 delete mode 100644 t/t5515/refs.master_.._.git_tag_tag-one_tag_tag-three

base-commit: 5d5f4ea30def2ac765c5517f768366524768c110
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-761%2Fdscho%2Fprepare-for-main-branch-t5515-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-761/dscho/prepare-for-main-branch-t5515-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/761
-- 
gitgitgadget