Subject: [PATCH 00/10] Update fsmonitor perf suite to support integration comparisons

From: "Nipunn Koorapati via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 19:32:43 +0000

This patch series builds upon nk/diff-files-vs-fsmonitor

This builds up to a comparison between our perl script and 
https://github.com/jgavris/rs-git-fsmonitor. Stats on the comparison are in
the final commit message. I've found that rs-git-fsmonitor saves 20-30ms off
of every git command compared to the perl script.

It may provide some motivation for supplying a faster implementation of
fsmonitor-watchman.

Nipunn Koorapati (10):
  t/perf/fsmonitor: separate one time repo initialization
  t/perf/fsmonitor: move watchman setup to one-time-repo-setup
  t/perf/fsmonitor: improve error message if typoing hook name
  t/perf/fsmonitor: factor description out for readability
  t/perf/fsmonitor: shorten DESC to basename
  t/perf/fsmonitor: silence initial git commit
  t/perf/fsmonitor: factor setup for fsmonitor into function
  t/perf/fsmonitor: initialize test with git reset
  t/perf/fsmonitor: perf comparison of multiple fsmonitor integrations
  t/perf/fsmonitor: add benchmark for dirty status

 t/perf/p7519-fsmonitor.sh | 94 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 1 file changed, 63 insertions(+), 31 deletions(-)

base-commit: 2bfa953e5daf3253cc5fae2de2c68fbd206dfe12
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-772%2Fnipunn1313%2Fnk%2Ffsmonitor-perf-suite-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-772/nipunn1313/nk/fsmonitor-perf-suite-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/772
-- 
gitgitgadget