Subject: [PATCH] t1309: use a non-loaded branch name in the `onbranch` test cases

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 14:23:30 +0000

From: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>

The `onbranch` test cases in question do not actually want to include
anything; Instead, they want to verify that the `onbranch` code path
does not regress in the early-config case or in the non-Git case, where
the `onbranch` include is actually ignored.

Therefore, the actual branch name does not matter at all. We might just
as well avoid racially-charged names here.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
---
    t1309: use a non-loaded branch name in the onbranch test cases
    
    Just something I stumbled over while working on 
    https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/762.

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-791%2Fdscho%2Ft1309-onbranch-tests-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-791/dscho/t1309-onbranch-tests-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/791

 t/t1309-early-config.sh | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/t/t1309-early-config.sh b/t/t1309-early-config.sh
index ebb8e1aecb..b4a9158307 100755
--- a/t/t1309-early-config.sh
+++ b/t/t1309-early-config.sh
@@ -91,11 +91,11 @@ test_expect_failure 'ignore .git/ with invalid config' '
 
 test_expect_success 'early config and onbranch' '
 	echo "[broken" >broken &&
-	test_with_config "[includeif \"onbranch:master\"]path=../broken"
+	test_with_config "[includeif \"onbranch:topic\"]path=../broken"
 '
 
 test_expect_success 'onbranch config outside of git repo' '
-	test_config_global includeIf.onbranch:master.path non-existent &&
+	test_config_global includeIf.onbranch:topic.path non-existent &&
 	nongit git help
 '

base-commit: e31aba42fb12bdeb0f850829e008e1e3f43af500
-- 
gitgitgadget