Subject: [PATCH 0/1] win32: modernize pthread_cond_*() shims

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 10:52:34 -0800 (PST)

And yet another patch from Git for Windows' cache of treasures.

It was challenging to emulate the functions related to pthread_cond_t as
long as we tried to maintain support for Windows XP, which has nothing close
to that feature. Now that we require Windows Vista or later, we can make use
of the very nice functions associated with the CONDITION_VARIABLE data type.

Look at how much code this deletes, and how little it introduces. This is a
maintainer's dream.

Loo Rong Jie (1):
  win32: replace pthread_cond_*() with much simpler code

 compat/win32/pthread.c | 138 -----------------------------------------
 compat/win32/pthread.h |  28 +++------
 2 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 159 deletions(-)

base-commit: 8858448bb49332d353febc078ce4a3abcc962efe
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-80%2Fdscho%2Fmingw-modernize-pthread_cond_t-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-80/dscho/mingw-modernize-pthread_cond_t-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/80
-- 
gitgitgadget