Subject: [PATCH 0/7] merge-ort: some groundwork for further implementation

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 15:59:39 +0000

This series is based on en/merge-ort-impl. This series sets up three future
patch series (to add recursive merges, three-way content merging, and rename
detection) for the merge-ort implementation, and allows the future series to
be submitted, reviewed, and merged in any order. Since those three things
actually do have some minor dependencies between them, this preparatory
series is needed to make a few small changes to set things up to allow them
to be submitted independently. 

The first six patches are trivial. They should be easy to review, and as a
bonus you get to find how I mess up even the trivial stuff. ;-) The final
patch is more substantive and represents one of the big changes between
merge-recursive and merge-ort -- namely, how notice/warning/conflict
messages are reported to the user (I possibly should have included it in
merge-ort-impl, but that series seemed so long already...).

Elijah Newren (7):
  merge-ort: add a few includes
  merge-ort: add a clear_internal_opts helper
  merge-ort: add a path_conflict field to merge_options_internal
  merge-ort: add a paths_to_free field to merge_options_internal
  merge-ort: add function grouping comments
  merge-ort: add die-not-implemented stub handle_content_merge()
    function
  merge-ort: add modify/delete handling and delayed output processing

 merge-ort.c | 210 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 1 file changed, 191 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)

base-commit: 00de8a7763e29fb8a034030afbd0fbfc4c818e07
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-803%2Fnewren%2Fort-common-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-803/newren/ort-common-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/803
-- 
gitgitgadget