Subject: [PATCH 0/3] merge-ort: implement recursive merges

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 17:53:24 +0000

This series depends on en/merge-ort-2 (it does NOT depend on en/merge-ort-3
and can thus be reviewed/merged independently of it).

This short series adds handling of recursive merges (merging of multiple
merge-bases to create a virtual merge base) to merge-ort. With this short
series the number of test failures under GIT_TEST_MERGE_ALGORITHM=ort drops
by 801 (from 1448 to 647).

Elijah Newren (3):
  merge-ort: copy a few small helper functions from merge-recursive.c
  merge-ort: make clear_internal_opts() aware of partial clearing
  merge-ort: implement merge_incore_recursive()

 merge-ort.c | 133 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 1 file changed, 126 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

base-commit: c5a6f65527aa3b6f5d7cf25437a88d8727ab0646
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-814%2Fnewren%2Fort-recursive-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-814/newren/ort-recursive-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/814
-- 
gitgitgadget