Subject: [PATCH 00/10] merge-ort: add more handling of basic conflict types

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 05:51:17 +0000

This series depends on en/merge-ort-2 (it does not depend on en/merge-ort-3
or en/merge-ort-recursive).

This series adds handling of additional basic conflict types (directory/file
conflicts, three-way content merging, very basic submodule divergence
reconciliation, and different filetypes). This series drops the number of
test failures under GIT_TEST_MERGE_ALGORITHM=ort by 211 (from 1448 to 1237).

Further, if en/merge-tests, en/merge-ort-3, en/merge-ort-recursive, and this
series are all merged down (in any order), then collectively they drop the
number of test failure under GIT_TEST_MERGE_ALGORITHM=ort from 1448 down to
60.

Elijah Newren (10):
  merge-ort: handle D/F conflict where directory disappears due to merge
  merge-ort: handle directory/file conflicts that remain
  merge-ort: implement unique_path() helper
  merge-ort: handle book-keeping around two- and three-way content merge
  merge-ort: flesh out implementation of handle_content_merge()
  merge-ort: copy and adapt merge_3way() from merge-recursive.c
  merge-ort: copy and adapt merge_submodule() from merge-recursive.c
  merge-ort: implement format_commit()
  merge-ort: copy find_first_merges() implementation from
    merge-recursive.c
  merge-ort: add handling for different types of files at same path

 merge-ort.c | 671 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 1 file changed, 653 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)

base-commit: c5a6f65527aa3b6f5d7cf25437a88d8727ab0646
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-815%2Fnewren%2Fort-conflict-handling-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-815/newren/ort-conflict-handling-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/815
-- 
gitgitgadget