Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Attr fixes

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 06:33:02 +0000

This fixes a few issues surrounding .gitattributes files and usage of the
merge machinery outside of "git merge". All were issues I found and fixed
while working on merge-ort.

Patches 1, 3, and 4 are definitely fixes. Patch 2 only touches a testcase
and might be a fix, or might just change it to a different kind of
brokenness -- either way, it leaves the affected testcase as
test_expect_failure. I'm kind of curious what is correct expected behavior
for that and similar testcases. I probably won't implement it, and I'm
worried it might be rife with multi-layered corner cases and no good way to
define correct behavior for all cases.

Elijah Newren (4):
  t6038: make tests fail for the right reason
  t6038: fix test with obviously incorrect expectations
  merge: make merge.renormalize work for all uses of merge machinery
  checkout: support renormalization with checkout -m <paths>

 builtin/checkout.c         | 18 ++++++------------
 builtin/merge.c            |  7 +++----
 merge-recursive.c          |  3 +++
 t/t6038-merge-text-auto.sh | 20 ++++++++++----------
 4 files changed, 22 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)

base-commit: 47ae905ffb98cc4d4fd90083da6bc8dab55d9ecc
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-825%2Fnewren%2Fattr-fixes-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-825/newren/attr-fixes-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/825
-- 
gitgitgadget