Subject: [PATCH] Collect merge-related tests to t64xx

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2020 16:29:12 +0000

From: Elijah Newren <[email-masked]>

The tests for the merge machinery are spread over several places.
Collect them into t64xx for simplicity.  Some notes:

t60[234]*.sh:
  Merge tests started in t602*, overgrew bisect and remote tracking
  tests in t6030, t6040, and t6041, and nearly overtook replace tests
  in t6050.  This made picking out relevant tests that I wanted to run
  in a tighter loop slightly more annoying for years.

t303*.sh:
  These started out as tests for the 'merge-recursive' toplevel command,
  but did not restrict to that and had lots of overlap with the
  underlying merge machinery.
t7405, t7613:
  submodule-specific merge logic started out in submodule.c but was
  moved to merge-recursive.c in commit 18cfc08866 ("submodule.c: move
  submodule merging to merge-recursive.c", 2018-05-15).  Since these
  tests are about the logic found in the merge machinery, moving these
  tests to be with the merge tests makes sense.

t7607, t7609:
  Having tests spread all over the place makes it more likely that
  additional tests related to a certain piece of logic grow in all those
  other places.  Much like t303*.sh, these two tests were about the
  underlying merge machinery rather than outer levels.

Tests that were NOT moved:

t76[01]*.sh:
  Other than the four tests mentioned above, the remaining tests in
  t76[01]*.sh are related to non-recursive merge strategies, parameter
  parsing, and other stuff associated with the highlevel builtin/merge.c
  rather than the recursive merge machinery.

t3[45]*.sh:
  The rebase testcases in t34*.sh also test the merge logic pretty
  heavily; sometimes changes I make only trigger failures in the rebase
  tests.  The rebase tests are already nicely coupled together, though,
  and I didn't want to mess that up.  Similar comments apply for the
  cherry-pick tests in t35*.sh.

Signed-off-by: Elijah Newren <[email-masked]>
---
    Collect merge machinery related tests into t64*.sh
    
    Although there are a couple in-flight topics that modify some of these
    tests (en/eol-attr-gotchas and bc/sha-256-part-3), since this commit
    only contains 100% renames, it merges cleanly and automatically with
    both next and seen.

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-827%2Fnewren%2Fmerge-test-rename-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-827/newren/merge-test-rename-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/827

 t/{t6020-merge-df.sh => t6400-merge-df.sh}                        | 0
 t/{t6021-merge-criss-cross.sh => t6401-merge-criss-cross.sh}      | 0
 t/{t6022-merge-rename.sh => t6402-merge-rename.sh}                | 0
 t/{t6023-merge-file.sh => t6403-merge-file.sh}                    | 0
 t/{t6024-recursive-merge.sh => t6404-recursive-merge.sh}          | 0
 t/{t6025-merge-symlinks.sh => t6405-merge-symlinks.sh}            | 0
 t/{t6026-merge-attr.sh => t6406-merge-attr.sh}                    | 0
 t/{t6027-merge-binary.sh => t6407-merge-binary.sh}                | 0
 t/{t6028-merge-up-to-date.sh => t6408-merge-up-to-date.sh}        | 0
 t/{t6029-merge-subtree.sh => t6409-merge-subtree.sh}              | 0
 t/{t6031-merge-filemode.sh => t6411-merge-filemode.sh}            | 0
 t/{t6032-merge-large-rename.sh => t6412-merge-large-rename.sh}    | 0
 t/{t6033-merge-crlf.sh => t6413-merge-crlf.sh}                    | 0
 ...6034-merge-rename-nocruft.sh => t6414-merge-rename-nocruft.sh} | 0
 ...6035-merge-dir-to-symlink.sh => t6415-merge-dir-to-symlink.sh} | 0
 ...-recursive-corner-cases.sh => t6416-recursive-corner-cases.sh} | 0
 t/{t6037-merge-ours-theirs.sh => t6417-merge-ours-theirs.sh}      | 0
 t/{t6038-merge-text-auto.sh => t6418-merge-text-auto.sh}          | 0
 t/{t6039-merge-ignorecase.sh => t6419-merge-ignorecase.sh}        | 0
 ...-rename-corner-cases.sh => t6422-merge-rename-corner-cases.sh} | 0
 ...ge-rename-directories.sh => t6423-merge-rename-directories.sh} | 0
 ...ed-index-changes.sh => t6424-merge-unrelated-index-changes.sh} | 0
 t/{t6045-merge-rename-delete.sh => t6425-merge-rename-delete.sh}  | 0
 ...p-unneeded-updates.sh => t6426-merge-skip-unneeded-updates.sh} | 0
 ...-diff3-conflict-markers.sh => t6427-diff3-conflict-markers.sh} | 0
 t/{t3030-merge-recursive.sh => t6430-merge-recursive.sh}          | 0
 t/{t3031-merge-criscross.sh => t6431-merge-criscross.sh}          | 0
 ...ve-space-options.sh => t6432-merge-recursive-space-options.sh} | 0
 t/{t3033-merge-toplevel.sh => t6433-merge-toplevel.sh}            | 0
 ...-rename-options.sh => t6434-merge-recursive-rename-options.sh} | 0
 t/{t3035-merge-sparse.sh => t6435-merge-sparse.sh}                | 0
 t/{t7607-merge-overwrite.sh => t6436-merge-overwrite.sh}          | 0
 t/{t7405-submodule-merge.sh => t6437-submodule-merge.sh}          | 0
 ...e-submodule.sh => t6438-submodule-directory-file-conflicts.sh} | 0
 t/{t7609-merge-co-error-msgs.sh => t6439-merge-co-error-msgs.sh}  | 0
 35 files changed, 0 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
 rename t/{t6020-merge-df.sh => t6400-merge-df.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6021-merge-criss-cross.sh => t6401-merge-criss-cross.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6022-merge-rename.sh => t6402-merge-rename.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6023-merge-file.sh => t6403-merge-file.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6024-recursive-merge.sh => t6404-recursive-merge.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6025-merge-symlinks.sh => t6405-merge-symlinks.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6026-merge-attr.sh => t6406-merge-attr.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6027-merge-binary.sh => t6407-merge-binary.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6028-merge-up-to-date.sh => t6408-merge-up-to-date.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6029-merge-subtree.sh => t6409-merge-subtree.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6031-merge-filemode.sh => t6411-merge-filemode.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6032-merge-large-rename.sh => t6412-merge-large-rename.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6033-merge-crlf.sh => t6413-merge-crlf.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6034-merge-rename-nocruft.sh => t6414-merge-rename-nocruft.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6035-merge-dir-to-symlink.sh => t6415-merge-dir-to-symlink.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6036-recursive-corner-cases.sh => t6416-recursive-corner-cases.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6037-merge-ours-theirs.sh => t6417-merge-ours-theirs.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6038-merge-text-auto.sh => t6418-merge-text-auto.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6039-merge-ignorecase.sh => t6419-merge-ignorecase.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6042-merge-rename-corner-cases.sh => t6422-merge-rename-corner-cases.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6043-merge-rename-directories.sh => t6423-merge-rename-directories.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6044-merge-unrelated-index-changes.sh => t6424-merge-unrelated-index-changes.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6045-merge-rename-delete.sh => t6425-merge-rename-delete.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6046-merge-skip-unneeded-updates.sh => t6426-merge-skip-unneeded-updates.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t6047-diff3-conflict-markers.sh => t6427-diff3-conflict-markers.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t3030-merge-recursive.sh => t6430-merge-recursive.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t3031-merge-criscross.sh => t6431-merge-criscross.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t3032-merge-recursive-space-options.sh => t6432-merge-recursive-space-options.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t3033-merge-toplevel.sh => t6433-merge-toplevel.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t3034-merge-recursive-rename-options.sh => t6434-merge-recursive-rename-options.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t3035-merge-sparse.sh => t6435-merge-sparse.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t7607-merge-overwrite.sh => t6436-merge-overwrite.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t7405-submodule-merge.sh => t6437-submodule-merge.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t7613-merge-submodule.sh => t6438-submodule-directory-file-conflicts.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{t7609-merge-co-error-msgs.sh => t6439-merge-co-error-msgs.sh} (100%)

diff --git a/t/t6020-merge-df.sh b/t/t6400-merge-df.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6020-merge-df.sh
rename to t/t6400-merge-df.sh
diff --git a/t/t6021-merge-criss-cross.sh b/t/t6401-merge-criss-cross.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6021-merge-criss-cross.sh
rename to t/t6401-merge-criss-cross.sh
diff --git a/t/t6022-merge-rename.sh b/t/t6402-merge-rename.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6022-merge-rename.sh
rename to t/t6402-merge-rename.sh
diff --git a/t/t6023-merge-file.sh b/t/t6403-merge-file.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6023-merge-file.sh
rename to t/t6403-merge-file.sh
diff --git a/t/t6024-recursive-merge.sh b/t/t6404-recursive-merge.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6024-recursive-merge.sh
rename to t/t6404-recursive-merge.sh
diff --git a/t/t6025-merge-symlinks.sh b/t/t6405-merge-symlinks.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6025-merge-symlinks.sh
rename to t/t6405-merge-symlinks.sh
diff --git a/t/t6026-merge-attr.sh b/t/t6406-merge-attr.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6026-merge-attr.sh
rename to t/t6406-merge-attr.sh
diff --git a/t/t6027-merge-binary.sh b/t/t6407-merge-binary.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6027-merge-binary.sh
rename to t/t6407-merge-binary.sh
diff --git a/t/t6028-merge-up-to-date.sh b/t/t6408-merge-up-to-date.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6028-merge-up-to-date.sh
rename to t/t6408-merge-up-to-date.sh
diff --git a/t/t6029-merge-subtree.sh b/t/t6409-merge-subtree.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6029-merge-subtree.sh
rename to t/t6409-merge-subtree.sh
diff --git a/t/t6031-merge-filemode.sh b/t/t6411-merge-filemode.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6031-merge-filemode.sh
rename to t/t6411-merge-filemode.sh
diff --git a/t/t6032-merge-large-rename.sh b/t/t6412-merge-large-rename.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6032-merge-large-rename.sh
rename to t/t6412-merge-large-rename.sh
diff --git a/t/t6033-merge-crlf.sh b/t/t6413-merge-crlf.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6033-merge-crlf.sh
rename to t/t6413-merge-crlf.sh
diff --git a/t/t6034-merge-rename-nocruft.sh b/t/t6414-merge-rename-nocruft.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6034-merge-rename-nocruft.sh
rename to t/t6414-merge-rename-nocruft.sh
diff --git a/t/t6035-merge-dir-to-symlink.sh b/t/t6415-merge-dir-to-symlink.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6035-merge-dir-to-symlink.sh
rename to t/t6415-merge-dir-to-symlink.sh
diff --git a/t/t6036-recursive-corner-cases.sh b/t/t6416-recursive-corner-cases.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6036-recursive-corner-cases.sh
rename to t/t6416-recursive-corner-cases.sh
diff --git a/t/t6037-merge-ours-theirs.sh b/t/t6417-merge-ours-theirs.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6037-merge-ours-theirs.sh
rename to t/t6417-merge-ours-theirs.sh
diff --git a/t/t6038-merge-text-auto.sh b/t/t6418-merge-text-auto.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6038-merge-text-auto.sh
rename to t/t6418-merge-text-auto.sh
diff --git a/t/t6039-merge-ignorecase.sh b/t/t6419-merge-ignorecase.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6039-merge-ignorecase.sh
rename to t/t6419-merge-ignorecase.sh
diff --git a/t/t6042-merge-rename-corner-cases.sh b/t/t6422-merge-rename-corner-cases.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6042-merge-rename-corner-cases.sh
rename to t/t6422-merge-rename-corner-cases.sh
diff --git a/t/t6043-merge-rename-directories.sh b/t/t6423-merge-rename-directories.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6043-merge-rename-directories.sh
rename to t/t6423-merge-rename-directories.sh
diff --git a/t/t6044-merge-unrelated-index-changes.sh b/t/t6424-merge-unrelated-index-changes.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6044-merge-unrelated-index-changes.sh
rename to t/t6424-merge-unrelated-index-changes.sh
diff --git a/t/t6045-merge-rename-delete.sh b/t/t6425-merge-rename-delete.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6045-merge-rename-delete.sh
rename to t/t6425-merge-rename-delete.sh
diff --git a/t/t6046-merge-skip-unneeded-updates.sh b/t/t6426-merge-skip-unneeded-updates.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6046-merge-skip-unneeded-updates.sh
rename to t/t6426-merge-skip-unneeded-updates.sh
diff --git a/t/t6047-diff3-conflict-markers.sh b/t/t6427-diff3-conflict-markers.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t6047-diff3-conflict-markers.sh
rename to t/t6427-diff3-conflict-markers.sh
diff --git a/t/t3030-merge-recursive.sh b/t/t6430-merge-recursive.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t3030-merge-recursive.sh
rename to t/t6430-merge-recursive.sh
diff --git a/t/t3031-merge-criscross.sh b/t/t6431-merge-criscross.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t3031-merge-criscross.sh
rename to t/t6431-merge-criscross.sh
diff --git a/t/t3032-merge-recursive-space-options.sh b/t/t6432-merge-recursive-space-options.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t3032-merge-recursive-space-options.sh
rename to t/t6432-merge-recursive-space-options.sh
diff --git a/t/t3033-merge-toplevel.sh b/t/t6433-merge-toplevel.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t3033-merge-toplevel.sh
rename to t/t6433-merge-toplevel.sh
diff --git a/t/t3034-merge-recursive-rename-options.sh b/t/t6434-merge-recursive-rename-options.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t3034-merge-recursive-rename-options.sh
rename to t/t6434-merge-recursive-rename-options.sh
diff --git a/t/t3035-merge-sparse.sh b/t/t6435-merge-sparse.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t3035-merge-sparse.sh
rename to t/t6435-merge-sparse.sh
diff --git a/t/t7607-merge-overwrite.sh b/t/t6436-merge-overwrite.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t7607-merge-overwrite.sh
rename to t/t6436-merge-overwrite.sh
diff --git a/t/t7405-submodule-merge.sh b/t/t6437-submodule-merge.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t7405-submodule-merge.sh
rename to t/t6437-submodule-merge.sh
diff --git a/t/t7613-merge-submodule.sh b/t/t6438-submodule-directory-file-conflicts.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t7613-merge-submodule.sh
rename to t/t6438-submodule-directory-file-conflicts.sh
diff --git a/t/t7609-merge-co-error-msgs.sh b/t/t6439-merge-co-error-msgs.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t7609-merge-co-error-msgs.sh
rename to t/t6439-merge-co-error-msgs.sh

base-commit: dc04167d378fb29d30e1647ff6ff51dd182bc9a3
-- 
gitgitgadget