Subject: [PATCH 0/6] ci: speed-up the Windows parts of our GitHub workflow

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 15:24:10 +0000

This patch series upgrades to newer versions of a couple GitHub Actions we
use, and also streamlines the Windows jobs using the relatively new
setup-git-for-windows-sdk Action
[https://github.com/marketplace/actions/setup-git-for-windows-sdk] (Git for
Windows is running with this Action for a while now, getting all the kinks
out).

This patch series should also address the problem where seen was pushed so
rapidly that the windows-test jobs failed because they no longer checked out
the identical revision as the windows-build job.

Dennis Ameling (1):
  ci(vs-build): build with NO_GETTEXT

Johannes Schindelin (5):
  ci: use the new GitHub Action to download git-sdk-64-minimal
  ci (vs-build): use `cmd` to copy the DLLs, not `powershell`
  ci: upgrade to using actions/{up,down}load-artifacts v2
  ci(windows): transfer also the Git-tracked files to the test jobs
  ci: accelerate the checkout

 .github/workflows/main.yml | 157 +++++++++++--------------------------
 1 file changed, 46 insertions(+), 111 deletions(-)

base-commit: 670b81a890388c60b7032a4f5b879f2ece8c4558
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-878%2Fdscho%2Fuse-setup-git-for-windows-sdk-action-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-878/dscho/use-setup-git-for-windows-sdk-action-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/878
-- 
gitgitgadget