Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Fix git rebase --stat -i <unrelated-history>

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 03:13:17 -0800 (PST)

We're really entering obscure territory here, I would say.

To trigger the bug, two things have to come together: the user must have
asked for a diffstat afterwards, and the commits need to have been rebased
onto a completely unrelated commit history (i.e. there must exist no merge
base between the pre-rebase HEAD and the post-rebase HEAD).

Please note that this bug existed already in the scripted rebase, but it was
never detected because the scripted version would not even perform any error
checking.

It will make Junio very happy that I squashed the regression test in to the
patch that fixes it. The reason, however, was not to make Junio happy (I
hope to make him happy by fixing bugs), but simply that an earlier iteration
of test would only fail with the built-in rebase, but not with the scripted
version. The current version would fail with the scripted version, but I'll
save the time to split the patch again now.

Johannes Schindelin (1):
  rebase --stat: fix when rebasing to an unrelated history

 builtin/rebase.c          |  8 +++++---
 git-legacy-rebase.sh      |  6 ++++--
 t/t3406-rebase-message.sh | 10 ++++++++++
 3 files changed, 19 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

base-commit: a1598010f775d82b5adf12c29d0f5bc9b41434c6
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-88%2Fdscho%2Frebase-stat-fix-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-88/dscho/rebase-stat-fix-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/88
-- 
gitgitgadget