Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Add --no-filters option to git-add

From: "Andrej Shadura via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 18:12:11 +0000

It is possible for a user to disable attribute-based filtering when
committing by doing one of the following:

 * Create .git/info/attributes unapplying all possible transforming
   attributes.
 * Use git hash-object and git update-index to stage files manually.

Doing the former requires keeping an up-to-date list of all attributes which
can transform files when committing or checking out. Doing the latter is
difficult, error-prone and slow when done from scripts.

Instead, similarly to git hash-object, --no-filter can be added to git add
to enable temporarily disabling filtering in an easy to use way.

These patches:

 * Add new flag ADD_CACHE_RAW to add_to_index()
 * Add new flag HASH_RAW to index_fd()
 * Make git hash-object use the new HASH_RAW flag for consistency
 * Add tests for the new git-add option.

Andrej Shadura (2):
  add: add option --no-filters to disable attribute-based filtering
  hash-object: use the new HASH_RAW flag instead of setting path to NULL

 Documentation/git-add.txt |  7 +++++-
 builtin/add.c             |  3 +++
 builtin/hash-object.c     | 17 ++++++---------
 cache.h                   |  2 ++
 object-file.c             |  2 +-
 read-cache.c              |  3 +++
 t/t2205-add-no-filters.sh | 46 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 7 files changed, 68 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t2205-add-no-filters.sh

base-commit: 2283e0e9af55689215afa39c03beb2315ce18e83
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-880%2Fandrewshadura%2Fgit-add-no-filters-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-880/andrewshadura/git-add-no-filters-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/880
-- 
gitgitgadget