Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Specify generation number version by config

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 18:19:41 +0000

This is based on ds/chunked-file-api.

Generation number v2 (corrected commit dates) was introduced by
ak/corrected-commit-date. The new data could be opted-out only using the
GIT_TEST_COMMIT_GRAPH_NO_GDAT environment variable.

As this feature gets deployed more widely, servers in particular might want
more control over when this format is used. Add a config option instead.

Thanks, -Stolee

Derrick Stolee (2):
  commit-graph: create local repository pointer
  commit-graph: use config to specify generation type

 Documentation/config/commitgraph.txt |  6 ++++++
 commit-graph.c                       | 31 ++++++++++++++++++----------
 commit-graph.h                       |  1 -
 t/README                             |  3 ---
 t/t5318-commit-graph.sh              |  2 +-
 t/t5324-split-commit-graph.sh        |  4 ++--
 t/t6600-test-reach.sh                |  2 +-
 7 files changed, 30 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)

base-commit: c4ff24bbb354377a6a7937744fbbef2898243fc7
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-886%2Fderrickstolee%2Fcommit-graph-generation-config-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-886/derrickstolee/commit-graph-generation-config-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/886
-- 
gitgitgadget