Subject: [PATCH 0/3] rebase: offer to reschedule failed exec commands automatically

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 11:04:57 -0800 (PST)

The idea was brought up by Paul Morelle.

To be honest, this idea of rescheduling a failed exec makes so much sense
that I wish we had done this from the get-go.

So let's do the next best thing: implement a command-line option and a
config setting to make it so.

The obvious intent behind that config setting is to not only give users a
way to opt into that behavior already, but also to make it possible to flip
the default at a later date, after the feature has been battle-tested and
after deprecating the non-rescheduling behavior for a couple of Git
versions.

If the team agrees with my reasoning, then the 3rd patch (introducing -y
<cmd> as a shortcut for --reschedule-failed-exec -x <cmd>) might not make
much sense, as it would introduce a short option that would become obsolete
soon.

Johannes Schindelin (3):
  rebase: introduce --reschedule-failed-exec
  rebase: add a config option to default to --reschedule-failed-exec
  rebase: introduce a shortcut for --reschedule-failed-exec

 Documentation/config/rebase.txt |  5 ++++
 Documentation/git-rebase.txt    | 11 +++++++++
 builtin/rebase--interactive.c   |  2 ++
 builtin/rebase.c                | 42 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 git-legacy-rebase.sh            | 24 ++++++++++++++++++-
 git-rebase--common.sh           |  1 +
 sequencer.c                     | 13 +++++++---
 sequencer.h                     |  1 +
 t/t3418-rebase-continue.sh      | 14 +++++++++++
 9 files changed, 108 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

base-commit: a1598010f775d82b5adf12c29d0f5bc9b41434c6
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-90%2Fdscho%2Freschedule-failed-exec-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-90/dscho/reschedule-failed-exec-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/90
-- 
gitgitgadget