Subject: [PATCH 0/7] diffcore-rename improvements

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 02:54:29 +0000

This patch series include 4 small code cleanups, 1 small bug fix (or perhaps
just a UI improvement -- it's a very minor issue either way), and 2
performance improvements. The first 6 patches are relatively easy to review,
while the last one...is a bit more involved (but provided the biggest
performance boost).

These patches came out of the merge-ort work, and are related, but there is
no dependency between any of the series.

Elijah Newren (7):
  diffcore-rename: avoid usage of global in too_many_rename_candidates()
  diffcore-rename: remove unnecessary if-clause
  diffcore-rename: rename num_create to num_targets
  diffcore-rename: change a few comments to use 'add' instead of
    'create'
  diffcore-rename: reduce jumpiness in progress counters
  diffcore-rename: simplify and accelerate register_rename_src()
  Accelerate rename_dst setup

 diffcore-rename.c | 225 ++++++++++++++++++++--------------------------
 1 file changed, 96 insertions(+), 129 deletions(-)

base-commit: 3a0b884caba2752da0af626fb2de7d597c844e8b
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-929%2Fnewren%2Fdiffcore-rename-improvements-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-929/newren/diffcore-rename-improvements-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/929
-- 
gitgitgadget