Subject: [PATCH 0/2] mingw: fix git clone \\server\share

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 12:14:46 -0800 (PST)

Due to quirks in the MSYS2 runtime intended to help interpret a command-line
as if it had been pre-processed by a shell, the backslashes would be
misinterpreted as if they were escape characters. This showed most
prominently when trying to clone from a network share, as the path would
start with two backslashes.

These patches have been carried in Git for Windows for more than
one-and-a-half years (in a slightly different, less readable form), and it
is time to bring them home.

Johannes Schindelin (2):
  mingw (t5580): document bug when cloning from backslashed UNC paths
  mingw: special-case arguments to `sh`

 compat/mingw.c            | 77 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 t/t0061-run-command.sh    | 10 +++++
 t/t5580-clone-push-unc.sh |  5 +++
 3 files changed, 91 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

base-commit: 77556354bb7ac50450e3b28999e3576969869068
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-94%2Fdscho%2Func-path-w-backslashes-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-94/dscho/unc-path-w-backslashes-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/94
-- 
gitgitgadget