Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Fix git help -a with long alias names

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 06:58:08 -0800 (PST)

The code added in 26c7d0678324 (help -a: improve and make --verbose default,
2018-09-29) that intends to print out aliases in addition to commands failed
to adjust for the length of the aliases. As a consequence, if there was any
alias whose name is longer than 18 characters, git help -a tried to print an
insanely large number of spaces, one at a time, causing what appeared to be
a "hang".

Let's fix this, and while at it fix a style issue that I saw on the way as
well.

Original report at https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/issues/1975

Johannes Schindelin (2):
  help.h: fix coding style
  help -a: handle aliases with long names gracefully

 help.c | 10 +++++++++-
 help.h |  2 +-
 2 files changed, 10 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

base-commit: 5d826e972970a784bd7a7bdf587512510097b8c7
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-97%2Fdscho%2Ffix-help-a-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-97/dscho/fix-help-a-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/97
-- 
gitgitgadget