Subject: [PATCH 0/6] [GSOC][RFC] ref-filter: add %(raw:textconv) and %(raw:filters)

From: "ZheNing Hu via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 09:13:28 +0000

In order to let git cat-file --batch reuse ref-filter logic, This patch,
%(rest), %(raw:textconv), %(raw:filters) atoms and --rest=<rest> option are
added to ref-filter.

 * %(rest) int the format will be replaced by the <rest> in --rest=<rest>.
 * the <rest> in --rest=<rest> can also be used as the <path> for
   %(raw:textconv) and %(raw:filters).
 * %(raw:textconv) can show the object's contents as transformed by a
   textconv filter.
 * %(raw:filters) can show the content as converted by the filters
   configured in the current working tree for the given <path> (i.e. smudge
   filters, end-of-line conversion, etc).

The current series is based on 0efed9435 ([GSOC] ref-filter: add %(raw)
atom)
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
If necessary, "%(rest)" part can be an independent patch later.

ZheNing Hu (6):
  [GSOC] ref-filter: add obj-type check in grab contents
  [GSOC] ref-filter: add %(raw) atom
  [GSOC] ref-filter: use non-const ref_format in *_atom_parser()
  [GSOC] ref-filter: add %(rest) atom and --rest option
  [GSOC] ref-filter: teach grab_sub_body_contents() return value and err
  [GSOC] ref-filter: add %(raw:textconv) and %(raw:filters)

 Documentation/git-branch.txt       |   6 +-
 Documentation/git-for-each-ref.txt |  29 ++-
 Documentation/git-tag.txt          |   4 +
 Documentation/git-verify-tag.txt   |   6 +-
 builtin/branch.c                   |   5 +
 builtin/for-each-ref.c             |  17 +-
 builtin/tag.c                      |   8 +-
 builtin/verify-tag.c               |   1 +
 ref-filter.c                       | 296 ++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 ref-filter.h                       |   9 +-
 t/t3203-branch-output.sh           |  14 ++
 t/t6300-for-each-ref.sh            | 294 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7004-tag.sh                     |  10 +
 t/t7030-verify-tag.sh              |   8 +
 14 files changed, 633 insertions(+), 74 deletions(-)

base-commit: 1197f1a46360d3ae96bd9c15908a3a6f8e562207
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-972%2Fadlternative%2Fref-filter-texconv-filters-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-972/adlternative/ref-filter-texconv-filters-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/972
-- 
gitgitgadget