Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] Add more eol=lf to .gitattributes

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 10:14:51 -0800 (PST)

I noticed that our CI builds (see [1] for an example) were returning success
much faster than they did before Git v2.20.0. Turns out that there was a
test script failure involving the new test hash logic.

error: bug in the test script: bad hash algorithm
make[1]: *** [Makefile:56: t0000-basic.sh] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

This failure was due to an LF -> CRLF conversion in some data files in
t/oid-info/. Don't munge these files, and the tests can continue.

UPDATED IN V2: Unfortunately, I didn't check the full test suite after
getting beyond this point, and found another LF -> CRLF conversion problem
in t4256-am-format-flowed.sh due to example patches in t/t4256/1/. Add these
in a second commit. Thanks, dscho, for helping with the correct placement.

Thanks, -Stolee

[1] https://gvfs.visualstudio.com/ci/_build/results?buildId=4815

Derrick Stolee (1):
  .gitattributes: ensure t/oid-info/* has eol=lf

Johannes Schindelin (1):
  t4256: mark support files as LF-only

 .gitattributes   | 1 +
 t/.gitattributes | 1 +
 2 files changed, 2 insertions(+)

base-commit: 5d826e972970a784bd7a7bdf587512510097b8c7
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-98%2Fderrickstolee%2Ftest-oid-fix-windows-v2
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-98/derrickstolee/test-oid-fix-windows-v2
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/98

Range-diff vs v1:

 1:  4a22502a31 = 1:  4a22502a31 .gitattributes: ensure t/oid-info/* has eol=lf
 -:  ---------- > 2:  4275b8a581 t4256: mark support files as LF-only

-- 
gitgitgadget