Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Move Git for Windows' system config to its top-level directory's etc/

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 10:46:45 +0000

Implementation details let Git for Windows' git.exe live in /mingw64/bin
(that is the pseudo-Unix path, of course, the real Windows path will be
prefixed by the actual installation location). This resulted in the awkward
location of the system config in C:\Program Files\Git\mingw64\etc\gitconfig,
and that is what Git for Windows v2.x used for a few years.

A much more natural location, however, is the same path without that mingw64
infix. Therefore, the Git for Windows project switched (back) to that
location for a while now.

It is time to bring that change into core Git.

Dennis Ameling (1):
  cmake(windows): set correct path to the system Git config

Johannes Schindelin (2):
  mingw: move Git for Windows' system config where users expect it
  config: normalize the path of the system gitconfig

 config.c                            |  7 ++++---
 config.mak.uname                    | 10 ++++++++++
 contrib/buildsystems/CMakeLists.txt | 11 +++++++----
 3 files changed, 21 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

base-commit: 670b81a890388c60b7032a4f5b879f2ece8c4558
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-984%2Fdscho%2Fmove-gfw-system-config-to-top-level-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-984/dscho/move-gfw-system-config-to-top-level-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/984
-- 
gitgitgadget