Subject: [PATCH 0/2] check-whitespace: two fixes

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 22:09:35 +0000

I recently ran into a situation where a merge commit (which admittedly are
undesirable in git/git and gitgitgadget/git Pull Requests, but are sometimes
totally appropriate in the context of other forks such as
git-for-windows/git) misled the logic in the check-whitespace workflow to
look at upstream commits (and missing some patches that it should have
looked at).

At the same time, I also realized that the feature where this workflow adds
a PR comment in an attempt to be more helpful requires a read/write token
(which weakens the overall security, I'd much rather stay with the read-only
token configured e.g. in gitgitgadget/git and in git-for-windows/git).

This patch series addresses both issues.

Johannes Schindelin (2):
  ci(check-whitespace): stop requiring a read/write token
  ci(check-whitespace): restrict to the intended commits

 .github/workflows/check-whitespace.yml | 26 ++------------------------
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)

base-commit: ebf3c04b262aa27fbb97f8a0156c2347fecafafb
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-995%2Fdscho%2Ffix-check-whitespace-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-995/dscho/fix-check-whitespace-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/995
-- 
gitgitgadget