Subject: Re: Commit a series of patches to SVN without rebase

From: Jörg Sommer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 23:59:13 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Eric,

Eric Wong <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Jörg Sommer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I've a number of patches in git I want to send to a SVN repository. git
>> svn dcommit does a rebase after each commit which makes the whole commit
>> takes very long. Is it possible to skip the rebase? All patches are in
>> one branch without merges, a simple chain. Is it save to use --no-rebase
>> in this case?
>
> Right now, only if the changes don't depend on each other (they all
> modify different files).

May I ask you what the rational behind doing a rebase every time is? Is
it needed? Why is it not possible to send all commits and do one rebase
after the last one?

Bye, Jörg.
-- 
Wer A sagt, muß nicht B sagen. Er kann auch erkennen, daß A falsch war.
      	    	      	       	       	    	(Erich Kästner)