Subject: Re: git maintenance bug tracker sooner better than later

From: Johannes Gilger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 16:30:16 +0000 (UTC)

On 2009-02-06, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:
> With a bug tracker, at least one knows somebody saw something for
> sure, and it didn't just float by. That way one could register items
> into it on one's good days, and then take a break, which I am going to
> do now. Thanks.

And what "bugs" would you file? If I look at your patch-series which 
consists of oneliner documentation nitpicking, I don't even want to 
imagine how much these would get blown up by a web-based bug-tracker.

The web-based is the second part: When working on/with *git*, a 
command-line tool, I naturally work in a terminal, and I *don't* want to 
fire up a webbrowser to communicate something as simple as a bug. Also 
bug-trackers tend to attract all sorts of people who don't really think 
or try to find bugs before submitting them. Those sorts of people 
probably already file bugs for git and the distribution-maintainers then 
tell them to report the problem upstream (i.e.: here) or do it 
themselves.

-- 
Johannes Gilger <[email-masked]>
http://hackvalue.de/heipei/
GPG-Key: 0x42F6DE81
GPG-Fingerprint: BB49 F967 775E BB52 3A81  882C 58EE B178 42F6 DE81