Subject: Re: [StGit] How do I get colored diff output?

From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:22:46 +0100

Peter Baumann <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Is there a way to get colored diff output, preferable from the native
> git diff without having to specify stg diff -O --color everytime?
> It seems that stg doesn't honor color.diff config entry, so I am a
> little lost.
>
> (And yes I now that I could use the pager setting given in examples/gitconfig,
>
> 	stgit.pager = filterdiff --annotate | colordiff | less -FRX
>
>  but I really prefere the native git coloring, which looks a loot nicer
>  and does also highlight traling whitespace)

There isn't any other way at the moment. There were ideas of adding
support for default command line options for various commands but I
haven't looked at this.

I now tried the example stgit.pager option and it looks bad indeed. In
the meantime, there is a diffcol.sh script in the contrib directory, I
use this instead and it looks much nicer.

-- 
Catalin