Subject: Re: git pull on Linux/ACPI release tree

From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:10:51 +0000

Greg KH <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 09:19:09PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>> 
>> I am using the workaround of carrying the patches in a mail folder, 
>> applying them in a batch, and not pulling from your tree between 
>> applying a batch of patches and you pulling from my tree.
>
> Ick, I'd strongly recommend using quilt for this.  It works great for
> just this kind of workflow.

Or StGIT :-). Similar workflow (and similar commands) but better
integrated with GIT and better at dealing with conflicts since it uses
a three-way merge when pushing patches rather than applying them with
"patch".

-- 
Catalin
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-acpi" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html