Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] pg - A patch porcelain for GIT

From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:26:41 +0000

Petr Baudis <[email-masked]> wrote:
>   Some common gripes for both StGIT and pg (well, I'm using some
> ridiculously old StGIT version, so this may not apply anymore there):
>
> 	* stg new --force - seriously, what's the point?! I always to
> 	the change first and when it's any good, I want to create a
> 	patch for it.

This was fixed couple of weeks ago in the main branch. No need to pass
--force anymore.

> 	* I can't just get the patch in its "canonical ready-to-mail
> 	form" on stdout so that I could easily review it. Why is
> 	pg-export insisting to dump it to a file?

To view the patch you can use 'stg diff -r <patch>/' but it doesn't
show the description. Dumping the full patch on stdout would be
useful, indeed. The export and mail commands use different templates
and the latter even adds the standard mail headers. Which of these two
commands would you prefer to dump the patch on stdout (both is fine as
well)?

Another thing that's missing in StGIT is the import of a series of
patches. At the moment I run a small shell script to import individual
patches.

-- 
Catalin