Subject: git 0.99.7b doesn't build on Cygwin

From: Peter TB Brett <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Sep 2005 14:33:46 +0100

Hi folks,

I wanted to use git on a Windows-based project (yes, there are some
out there still), so I fired up my Cygwin xterm, untarred the git
sources and totally failed to succeed in building them:

                              ---- ----

$ make
gcc -o apply.o -c -g -O2 -Wall  '-DSHA1_HEADER=<openssl/sha.h>' apply.c
gcc -o blob.o -c -g -O2 -Wall  '-DSHA1_HEADER=<openssl/sha.h>' blob.c
gcc -o commit.o -c -g -O2 -Wall  '-DSHA1_HEADER=<openssl/sha.h>' commit.c
gcc -o connect.o -c -g -O2 -Wall  '-DSHA1_HEADER=<openssl/sha.h>' connect.c
connect.c: In function `git_tcp_connect':
connect.c:298: error: storage size of 'hints' isn't known
connect.c:322: warning: implicit declaration of function `getaddrinfo'
connect.c:324: warning: implicit declaration of function `gai_strerror'
connect.c:324: warning: format argument is not a pointer (arg 3)
connect.c:326: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
connect.c:327: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
connect.c:327: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
connect.c:327: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
connect.c:330: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
connect.c:330: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
connect.c:338: warning: implicit declaration of function `freeaddrinfo'
connect.c:298: warning: unused variable `hints'
make: *** [connect.o] Error 1

$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.4.4 (cygming special) (gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)
...

                              ---- ----

It looks like the sort of problems I get when I'm missing header
files, but all the headers #included by connect.c are present on my
system, so I'm really not sure what's going on there...

Peter

P.S. Please Cc: me on any replies, I'm not subscribed to the list.

-- 
Quake II build tools:  http://peter-b.co.uk/
Latest QuArK:          http://quark.sourceforge.net/LatestVersion

v2sw6YShw7ln5pr6ck3ma8u7Lw3+2m0l7CFi6e4+8t4Eb8Aen4g6Pa2Xs5MSr5p4
  hackerkey.com