Subject: Re: gitscm vs. git-scm

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 15:08:46 +0200

Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I (mis-) remembered the git site address and noticed that gitscm.com
> returns empty while git-scm.com is our beloved home. I thought, though,
> that we have a couple domains with redirects but I may be misremembering
> that also. Or DNS is "hicking up".

Not the DNS. gitscm.com is returning a whole window frame containing
git-scm.com, but then the frame doesn't load (at least in Firefox). The
inspector tells me:

Load denied by X-Frame-Options: http://git-scm.com/ does not permit cross-origin framing.

I guess gitscm.com should just redirect to git-scm.com (sending the
Location: field, and/or with stg like
<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0; URL=http://git-scm.com" />
)

Frames are so 2000 ;-).

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/