Subject: Re: [PATCH/WIP v3 4/4] ref-filter: move code from 'for-each-ref'

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 22:35:00 +0200

Karthik Nayak <[email-masked]> writes:

> Move most of the code from 'for-each-ref' to 'ref-filter' to make
> it publically available to other commands, this is to unify the code

s/publically/publicly/

> --- /dev/null
> +++ b/ref-filter.h

Moving file to the .h file should be done in a separate patch. I don't
want to review the 1050 lines of cut-and-paste other than by doing the
cut-and-paste myself and see if I get the same result, but this part is
not as straightforward and needs proper thinking and review.

In short: the big code movement should be *only* a cut-and-paste, alone
in its own patch.

On overall, we're getting close to an acceptable version for these 4
patches. My advice: prioritize polishing these few patches, so that we
can do a detailed review and then consider this part "done" (either
merged in git.git or not, but I'd like to avoid having to review the
code movement & refactoring again when we move to the next patches).

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/